March 16, 2020
COVID-19 Emergency Procedure
Honoring and remembering a life are what we are all about. A life lived should be celebrated! However, public health and safety are first and foremost in our minds during this time.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) concerns have forced some tough decisions for families planning or preparing for life-changing events, including funerals. Some have chosen to move forward as planned, allowing the public to use their discretion, while others have decided to make them more private or reschedule.
Piasecki Funeral Home is working hard to honor your loved one while following the CDC, state and local guidelines. We will provide care for your loved one and continue to work with families to provide the services you would like to have. During this time, services may be more intimate and private or scheduled for a later time.
To minimize your risk, you will have an opportunity to pay your respects in a less crowded environment at our facilities where we have put the following into place:
- Our staff will make environmental cleaning procedures a top priority at our facilities.
- Hand sanitizer and tissue will be available.
- When visiting the funeral home personally, we will have our greeters opening the door.
- We highly recommend the use of personal cloth face masks. Disposable face masks will also be available at the door.
- Please no handshakes or hugs. Direct eye contact, loving words and a warm smile are just as meaningful.
- Our staff will assist in signing the register book, so contact is limited.
- Hot beverage service will be suspended during this time.
If you choose to remain at home, here are some alternative suggestions to pay your respects:
- Send the family a card expressing your condolences in care of the funeral home and we will be happy to see that it’s delivered directly to the family.
- Post condolences on the funeral home website and Facebook page. The family will be grateful to receive online condolences.
- Call the funeral home and we will take note of your contact information and forward it to the family so they can call and speak with you when they have time to do so.
- With family permission, the service can be video recorded and viewed on a delayed schedule over the internet.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this difficult time.
Piasecki Funeral Home