Someone is waiting right now to help. Learn the signs:
- Giving away prize possessions.
- Saying things like, “It’ll be O.K. when I’m gone” or “You won’t have to worry about it”
- Go through a period of deep sadness then appear really happy, as if they are at peace with the finality of ending their life.
- Senior Citizens will often make sure all of the paperwork is in order and make sure that the family knows where everything is located.
- ASK BOLDLY: “Are you thinking about killing yourself?”. More times than not, they will be relieved that you asked.
If you or anyone you know is considering suicide, please TEXT 741741. The person on the other end wants to chat about it.